I ran across some Winchester 37 grain Super-Speed (hollowpoints) at a gunshop last week.
I am thinking of buying a box (100 rounds for $7.25) and giving them a try.
I am not familiar with these bullets but do use (and have for a long time) the 40 grain Power-Points in three of my highly accurate heavy barrel 22 L.R. bolt action Varminters.
These 40 grain bullets are, highly accurate in my Rifles and VERY lethal on Varmints - so in my slower rate of fire 22's I can AFFORD to shoot them!
I don't dare try these "expensive" 40 grainers (or the 37 grainers!) in my high volume 10/22's.
The 40 grain Power-Points are advertised at 1,280 F.P.S. and these new (well they are new to me and the shop owner said they were "new") 37 grain Super-Speed hollow-points are advertised at 1,330 F.P.S.
I am thinking I could use another 50 F.P.S. (and maybe the flatter trajectory over the ranges I normally shoot Varmints at?) and I could use another option on Ground Squirrels and smaller Varmints.
Does anyone out there have any experience with these "new" Winchester Super-Speed 37 grain hollowpoints?
Lethality on small Varmints?
Accuracy?
Etc?
Thanks in advance.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy