Thanks Kutenay, I appreciate it, I really do and probably don't deserve it. I apologize if I have come across this way.

I do have some trigger time behind these stocks, including some bigger calibers, the 416 Rem being one of them. As John has said, they handle recoil extremely well and allow the rifle to be brought to use with great efficiency. They are a well designed stock built by an experienced hunter for hunters.

Of course there is not a one size fits all solution to anything including stock design and this option will have obvious limitations. D'Arcy does build stocks to fit and as an example, I looked at a Hagn single shot in progress being built for a gentleman that was over seven feet tall. The stock included an enormous palm swell to accomodate this man's obviously abnormally large hands. Nothing will beat complete customization.

Feeling as though I need to defend myself I will. I do have some big game experience and have shot a few animals. Guided or unguided means little to me under that pretense alone, and I have been on a single "guided" hunt. The guide on this hunt was a personal friend whom I'd guided with all fall prior to the hunt. We hunted togethor, I toook an Elk and if that makes me a wannabe so be it. Not all guided hunters are the same, ask any guide.

I find it odd that those on this thread who have actually shot rifles wearing this particular stock have great praise for it. Ralphie, no doubt, having the most experience here.

Chuck