Thanks Maddog! Here is the rest of part 1.

Next we go for the Black Wildebeest. We use the gullies to try and get close to a herd with a good old bull. They spot us and run off. They only run far enough each time to get a comfortable distance away and then start milling around and watching us. I am watching the old bull through the scope and Pieter asks if I am comfortable with the distance. I ask him how far. He replies 230 yards, but suggests I hold at a point about level with his back. I take the shot. The bull runs around a circle a couple times and tries to run up a slight incline only to lean heavily and fall. I was unable to a get a clear second shot as the herd ran behind him, but fortunately it wasn't needed. Turns out the shot was over 300 yards and by holding about the level of his back I got a perfect heart shot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We drop the wildebeest at the skinning shed and discuss the plan. We still have another Springbok ewe and my Blesbok ram on the list for today, but we only have about an hour and a half before sundown. I decide to forgo the ram and suggest we harvest the second ewe from the bakkie. Since we are just harvesting meat for charity the property manager agrees.

Back at camp we meet up again with Jason and John for a braai and sundowner or two. We have the long drive to Ohrigstad tomorrow so we say our goodbyes and get to bed early.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member