Hi all:

Thought I'd post here since fellow Savage/Stevens nuts could likely offer me some advice. Not sure of the model, but I have a very old Stevens 410 side by side. It has checkered wood, double white bead sights, and the receiver is case harden colored. The left side of the receiver has "Springfield" stamped above the words "J. Stevens." The right side has the #"5000" stamped in it. Not sure if this is a serial # (doubtful) or a model #. Anyways, long story short is that due to the fact that some #%&*^@$ing Moron cut the stock and added a pad to it, I keep it handy this time of year to keep chipmunks and red squirrels outta my bird feeders. Winchester #9 does the trick. The other day I blasted a would be seed thief, then after I broke open the action and removed one spent and one fired shell, I could not close the barrels back up. The only way I can now get the gun to close back up is to remove the forend, separate the barrels from the rest of the gun, then reassemble the three pieces, then the gun will close up. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Rich.

Last edited by 99in22_250; 06/16/10. Reason: spelling

"Dying ain't much of a living, Boy." Josey Wales