Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've seen a lot of backpacks go through as carryon. As a warning - if you've EVER used it for camping, check every pocket carefully for a leftover knife, aerosol can of anything, or anything else that the TSA could call a weapon.

HAHA funny you mention that. Had that problem going through TSA security in Anchorage enroute to Kodiak last year for a goat hunt. Used my Badlands 2800 as my carry on but didn't go through it really to ensure I wasn't carrying any contraband. Ran it through the x-ray machine twice, and they could see there was a knife in there but there are so many dang pockets and nooks and crannies in my loaded up pack that before it was said and done it was 30+ mins with TSA 7 times through the x-ray machine, 1 torch lighter, 1 knife, and a LIVE 308 cal round they were ready to string me up big time. Filled out the paper work required and sent on my way to RUN to the gate as they were closing the door of the plane to Kodiak. Lesson, go through EVERY pocket thoroughly if you plan on using your dayhunt pack as a carrying through TSA. laugh

Plan on doing it again though possible. Anyone know if a NICE frame/longbow pack will work as a carrying?? Plan on making my NICE 6500 as a duffle bag checked bag and the frame and longbow as a carry one, but not sure if its small enough to use as a carry on.