My Marlin 1895s wear Brockman receiver-mounted aperture sights. One of them also wears a Marble's tang sight, my other rifle's tang sight is still boxed. The purposes for this include the following:

1. Determine which sight is quicker to acquire target.

2. Determine which sight allows me to shoot more accurately with the specific rifle on which it is mounted.

3. Determine whether either sight will allow mounting of low powered fixed power scope without dismounting the iron sight.
Marble's tang sight is clearly quicker to acquire while allowing more accurate shooting. This should have pretty well settled the issue. I'm left-handed; my shooting partner is right-handed. He shoots the Marble's without issue. Every shot I took with Marble's sight enabled - or present on the 1895's tang, caused the stem's windage-pivot knob to bash me in the nose, causing an abrasion. Since my handloads were brisk rather than heavy, this is disappointing.

I have no trouble shooting a friend's Winchester/Miroku 1886 rifle with Marble's tang sight mounted, I anticipated no issues regarding sight placement. Apparently, Marlin's placing of the serial number on the tang forces mounting the tang sight farther to the rear than had occured decades earlier.

Anyone having a workaround for this problem, please chime in. Otherwise, I'll be selling one New-in-Box Marble's tang sight and one used one.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell