Originally Posted by carlm
Kind of a vague question. Not sure what you mean by how it does. Performance, accuracy, ease of handling lighter to carry? Unless you want to wring every last FPS (are a velocity worshipper) it probably doesn't matter accuracy-wise. There is however a balance here. I don't consider 22" a "long tube". One greatly overlooked aspect of short tubes is muzzle blast. I had a Remington Model 7 in .204 Ruger with 20" tube. Recoil none. Muzzle blast-oh yeah. Not a fun gun to shoot. The only 20" or less guns I now have are both small caliber and truck or tractor guns. I think a .243 with a 20" barrel would be a fun gun to shoot-once before I got rid of it.
..........carlm............Well the next time you happen to be in So Caleee-fornia, I`ll take ya to the range and you can reeeeeeally have some great fun shooting these two `lil pea shooters. I`ll even cook up some good reloads for ya too. laugh

You`ll love these! grin......A 16.5" barreled 300 WSM Ruger Frontier and then followed up with a 20" barreled 375 Ruger Alaskan.........Say 40 rounds apiece??? crazy

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger