I'm wanting to get a .22LR Lever Action rifle. Not 100% sure on what I want to buy. I like the Ruger 96/22, Browning (but seem to be too high priced) and of course Henry (seem to be the most affordable). I especially like the H001L (large loop), but not sure about the "shootability" of the Large loop. Don't really like the looks of the golden boy or any other "fancy" engraved rifles.

It will be used mostly for plinking and maybe a little rabbit/squirrel hunting. But I want a shooter, not a safe queen. Does anyone make a .22 lever with synthetic stocks? I've never seen one that I can remember.

Is there any affordable 22 lever I have over looked? I'm really leaning toward the Henry because of price, but that damn Ruger wont get out of my mind. My dad has a Browning, which used to be mine, so eventually I will get it back, but I seem to remember the stock being kind-of short too.

Any suggestions? Recommendations? Got an inexpensive one you want to part with?

Last edited by TysonT; 08/14/10.

A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life.

The King of Battle!