MAKING A WINCHESTER MODEL 70 M.O.A. USER FRIENDLY

REVIEW AND STUDY OWNERS MANUAL ESPECIALLY PAGES 19-22 THEN FOLLOW
INSTRUCTIONS YOU CAN GET FROM erniethegunsmith.com OR JUST COPY FROM HIS WEB SITE

Make sure when you begin to take trigger unit (two pins, SEE MANUAL) out NOTE HOW AND WHERE BOLT STOP AND SPRING SITS AND FUNCTIONS.

My fears of the Win Model 70 MOA trigger have to a great degree been put to rest. I invested in a trigger spring from Ernie and went to work. I now have a new Model 70 EW, that has NO CREEP, A TRIGGER PULL WEIGHT OF 3 LBS OR LESS, AND NO OVERTRAVEL.

It is not difficult, just be patient. I DO RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO THE WORK IN A CONFINED AREA WITH A LIGHT COLORED FLOOR. I let the new TS jump out and spent 30 min looking for the darn thing. And that was over a light color tile on the kitchen floor.

When you re-install the TS screw, screw it down, then back it out until you find a trigger pull weight that is right for you.
The TS screw will fall out if you back it out to far. I backed mine out .300" from front of trigger housing. I used my wife's clear finger nail glue to keep TS screw in place. I did not want to use Red Locktite, Epoxy or Super Glue for obvious reasons. I have also used finger nail polish.

I always recommend that the bolt be slammed home several times to make sure that the sear is holding, I also bounce the butt of the rifle on the floor (carpet) a few times just to be safe.

RECOMMENDATION: IF YOU ARE REALLY NOT A GUN GUY, JUST A HUNTER, AND UNSURE OF THIS PROJECT, ORDER A MODEL 70 LIGHT M.O.A. SPRING FROM ERNIE, AND TAKE YOUR MOD 70 TO A GUNSMITH.

Good luck,

G2