Want to confirm that my brother hunted with Wyoming Wilderness Outfitters in October of 2007. 2008 was cited above.

He told me the Outfitter, guides, camp (accomodations and meals) and mules were first rate. My brother would definately hunt with Wyoming Wilderness again. There were eight hunters in camp. They booked as a group, so I don't know if eight hunters is typical. Two hunters shot bulls very early in the hunt (5x5 and either 5x6 or 6x6). A snow storm hit hard after a couple days into their trip. The pics I saw showed a complete whiteout. When visibility returned snow was at least knee deep.

Two hunters per guide, and my brother told me their guide worked very hard. They found elk toward the end of the trip after the weather cleared. They watched double digit elk in an opening that their guide told them was on private property.

His ride into camp was pretty long. It took several hours to reach camp. He saw one small grizzly while hunting early on, then toward the end of their hunt the guide and animals tensed up suddenly. They heard what they believed to be a bear and to quote the guide "I can smell him, do you smell that." We live in eastern US and don't have a lot of wetsern hunting experience, so two grizzly in the same week seems like a lot, but that's just opinion based on background.

According to my brother, his guide felt wolves were the bigger problem for elk in that area. As mentioned above, he felt the terrain was rugged and would not go back without getting in better shape. He told me it was tough keeping up with their guide once they stopped ridding.