Originally Posted by Reloder28
I treated my 81 to a trigger job. I was pleased with the results. The gunsmith griped about the rack & pinion set up. I see it as purely mechanical. If a gunsmith is worth his salt he should be able to wrench on anything mechanical. I think it has more to do with desire than anything else.

Sometimes these gun shops tend to be like body shops. They get so much work from the run of the mill stuff they are unwilling to take on anything out of the norm. They can make easy money on the simple things. Hence they do their prospective customers, whose money is just as green, a disservice.

I agree a lot of so called 'smiths would put a BLR in the too hard basket !

I hope a 'smith would chime in here...might post a thread on the Gunsmithing section too...A few years ago ..when a major Australian Gun Importer/distributor was closing up shop (selling off to the Government in a 'buyback deal')...I picked up a new .358 barrel for a BLR..but also attached was a bare receiver without the innards...(this is how they sold 'em) I was told... it was easier the swap the tube with receiver attached than merely fit a new barrel !!! dont know if this is correct ??? go figure ?? they must be reasonably tricky to work on!

Sunny Australia ....but currently stuck in Spain..