Just MAYBE if I get over my past experience with FACTORY lightweight tubes, how they heat and walk, and try me a good custom in say a #2, I will get more confidence. Cost aside might go 3 fluted, but not sure how much more mass that may be, or if the same weight. Fluting looks nice, but functionally, well I am not ALL that compelled to think it's a huge difference in cooling and rigidity, though the argument is there for some difference no doubt.

Had a good shooting 700 sporter, a 7/08 I chopped to 21, and later put in an HS stock. First 2 were tight as in 1/2 MOA at 200 yds (<1") and tight POI for first shot. I was thinking that sporter weight was around .650 at muzzle but perhaps not. I always thought the sporter mag contour, but at 22-23 was a good balance, not sure where that would fall on 'contour chart' might have to just order that specifically.

Desert Mule Deer, My gun unfortunately accurate and consistent, was a tad heavy w/full length Al bedding block. Next go round would be a Micky or Ti. Problem solved....