I had bought my daughter a Stainless T3 last christmas and this is her maiden voyage to the range. I did a tedious 20 shot barrel break-in (cleaning after every shot for 20 rounds). At 100 yards I sat down shot 20 rounds of cheap reloads I put together for the sole purpose of breaking the gun in.

37.5gr of 4064 with 100gr Hornady spire points and WLR primers, Shot 10 rounds and never adjusted the scope from my initial bore sighting (10 rounds grouped @ roughly 1.7") cleaning between every shot, I then adjusted the scope for the next 10 rounds to give me better poi to where I was aiming and with 1 flyer discounted, the next 9 rounds went into 1.3", at that point I knew this gun had very good potential. I was happy with the looks of those last 9 shots, I knew that round wasn't going to be my accuracy round, but it was very good. Next I went to what I hoped would be my winning accuracy round. 47 gr of IMR 4831 with WLR primers and 110 gr Nosler Accubonds, I had only 10 rounds of this load combination. After my 20 round of barrel break-in I proceeded to shoot out of a freshly cleaned barrel, temps were in the upper 70's with a little breeze at our backs with some swirling. The first three shots weren't oustanding, I had been cleaning the gun for the last 3 hours and I had just came off 3rd shift a few hours prior with no sleep so I says to myself, OK, time to concentrate. Next 3 shots .4", then I left my daughter shoot the rest of the accubonds. After the Accubonds were shot I loaded up 3 more rounds of RL 22 @ 50.5 gr with 117 gr Hornady spbt's with Fed 210 primers and shot 3 more shots which weren't what I hoped for and called it quits I was spent after 4 hours at the range with no sleep. I am going to load up a few more rounds of the 110 gr accubonds at the same charge and jump up 1 gr and see what that does to the groups, hopefully I can get to the range tomorrow.

Last edited by sako4me; 08/27/10.