Bob and Hatari,
Both of you have made some excellent points, but I also understand as you age and are not using your guns. and your kids and relitives are not really interested, or have more of your guns than they really want or need, that selling them to someone that will appreciate them more is probably the better option.

I also think that leaving the guns and stuff for your spouse to deal with in case of your demise is basically cruel, knowing that the vultures will pounce on her for a deal on all your fine guns and the offers may be way under market as some take advantage of the grieving widow. I have seen this many times over the years with some of my hunting buddies death, and in many cases helped out the family in pricing or even selling the guns for them, as many of us have done I am sure, but in the end they usually get less than true value as they don't want to deal with the reality, so its best to handle all these things beforehand IMO....

I know this as I am in that very situation as we speak. I am selling off many of my guns and only keeping family guns that will go to the kids or the Texas Ranger Musem, and a couple of favorites that I will need and use until my last breath! smile smile smile
I also have to allow for my weakness to buy a gun from time to time! smile They there are my horses~! I guess I'll have to break something before they go, I intend to pursue my ropeing habit until my body revolts into a total colapse.. Trust me getting old ain't for sissies.:) smile

Last edited by atkinsonhunting; 08/29/10.