Originally Posted by mathman
Your post reads a bit like you're looking for a short cut so you can run fifty off on the first pass. Is this the case?

I am just doing reloading for my cousins deer rifle, he's not an accuracy fanatic and I'm very short on time unfortunately. I'm not necessarily looking to load them all at once, but just want to get a good load right off the bat! I understand magnum primers are not paramount for the 7mm-08 cartridge, but that's all I have to work with and they will do. What do you think I should reduce my loads by? 2-3 grains?

I'm honestly not a fan of "quick" reloading, I do lots and lots of long range shooting and precision reloading with my single stage press (I'll be getting a Nightforce NXS on my Sendero SF II chambered in .300 RUM here in a few months). But my cousin just needs a reliable load he can use for deer (as cheap as possible), which is why I am using magnum primers, because I am allowing him to have them for free (the magnum primers were supposed to be for my old .300 Roy that were sitting under my reloading bench). Once again sorry if this seems rushed to you, this isn't my normal "modus operandi".

Shoot straight, shoot often