I've been out whoring myself.... counting birds fer stimulus money grin

Not a whole lot of cash, but spending money nonetheless, used it to put my bike back on the road, and rode it back East. Posted a thread on it here....

[color:#FF0000]Scenes from a motorcycle trip[/color]

Real tall ground cover this year after a wet winter followed by a rainy spring and early summer. Been walking up on a lot of pigs, like conversation distance. This 400 pound boar in particular weren't inclined to run, not right away anyhow.

[Linked Image]

And when he DID run it was just a short way off, where I could hear him puffing and blowing.

...so I went out and got me the ultimate bird watcher's companion... a 10mm Glock 29... (more stimulus dollars at work wink )

[Linked Image]

Jane, if you are back in the woods much, and prefer to be discreet about your armament, then you need one of these. Takes up less space than a National Geographic bird guide, surprisingly easy to shoot, and has the best delivered foot-pounds to weight ratio of any handgun around.

Ten rounds of .40 cal 200 grainers at 1,200 fps each are likely to make an impression when you need it most cool

Look for the Glock 29 "SF", it has slimmer grips than the reg'lar version.

Regards,

Birdwatcher

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 09/06/10.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744