Hello, looking for some info regarding boot fit and hoping y'all can help me out. I've done the searching/reading, just can't get to anywhere to try them on.

Unfortunately I will have to order these online if I get them, so I won't have a chance to go try them on....I know, the worst way to buy boots, but it is what it is, traveling for work too much so will be breaking them in on the stairmaster and treadmill at hotels until my hunt in Oct....oh joy.

I need some good 10 " insulated boots (400-600 gram). Insulation in the boot seems to help my feet stay warmer vs. layering up with thick socks in non-insulated boots, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

current boots...I have some hanwag alaska gtx for the warmer weather (warmer for Oct @ 9000 ft). They are not quite broken in yet. I had some danner raptors that I was using for colder/snowy weather (400 g) but they need to be replaced, thus the boot search.

Looking at the kenetrek mountain extreme 400's. In y'alls experience, do these run narrow (made in italY)? I called and they say true to size. Being a tad over regular width based on measurement for my foot, should I go with the wides? I know, best to try them on and get what's best for "my" foot, but just looking for general comments and experience. I'm size 11.5 US and measure about 4.25 inches width.

I'm thinking regulars would be right, but if they run narrow, maybe wides would be better. I typically run a thick wool suck with a poly liner. I mostly buy regulars, but my danners were EE and were fairly comfortable with a thick wool sock. My other boots have been fine as well as regulars. (actually I think my danners are the only EE's I've tried)

Also kind of looking at Lowa Hunter (only 200 g insulation though), and possibly Cabela's Winter 800� Hunting Boot by Meindl (800 may be too much insulation and I'm not sure these are quite the quality of the Kenetrek or Lowa???). Also maybe hanwag trapper tops (but they don't have insulation and I already have hanwag, want to try some other high quality brands)

Anyhow, I way overthink these things and it should probably be an easy decision, but having a brain fart on this one.

Do Kenetrek run narrower?
Kentrek regular or wides?
Kenetrek or Lowa? or ? (ford vs. chevy)
Would Lowa 200 g insulation be warm enough for me...is there a better way to layer up under my boots than a liner and heavy quality sock (my feet have been getting cold sitting in 20- with 400g and thick wool sock, bearable though)?

Anyhow, thanks for any responses.

-A