2/3 Cup Morton Tender Quick
1/2 Cup Pickling Salt
2/3 Cup Morton Hickory Sugar Cure
3 TSP Cayenne Pepper
3 TSP Black Pepper
6 TSP Garlic Powder
3 TBSP Canada Favorite Seasoning
Mix the above ingredients in a bowl and then put in shaker bottles.

I usually �cure� my jerky in a plastic container overnite. I cover the bottom of the container with the jerky cure, put a layer of meat in, sprinkle the top of that layer, place another layer, sprinkle the top of that layer and so on until I have all my meat in there. The next evening I will put it in my dehydrator on 145 degrees and check it periodically.

You can use your oven on the lowest setting and prop the door open with a wooden spoon to allow the air to circulate and not get too warm.
You can use this on ground meat (without any fat added) to make jerky also. For that I use 1 � TBSP of cure and 1/2 cup of ice water per pound of meat. It takes about 5 minutes to get it mixed thoroughly. Wrap it up in plastic wrap or store in a plastic container overnite. You will want a jerkyshooter to do it this way.

You can also add a little liquid smoke to either recipe when curing. The beauty of this is you can change the flavorings to suit your taste as long as long as you keep the basic cure.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.