Originally Posted by Azshooter
PJF,

I talked to McMillan several years ago and they said they quit making the ultralight. Wonder where that one came from?

The first ultralight I bought was custom inletted to my 284. I dropped off the rifle and later picked up the package. They recommended that I wouldn't need to bed the rifle. It has been 16 yrs now and it still shoots great without any bedding.

The second ultralight ( 338 RCM) was bedded with 1 1/2" of barrel shank included in bedding but no pillars were used.

While McMillan discontinued production of the Ruger M77 Ultralight stock years ago, they continued to keep an inventory of them. I purchased my Ultralight last year and apparently �Bitman� just purchased the last one yesterday.

How many inch-pounds of torque do you apply to the action screws of your Ruger Winchester 284 in McMillan Ultralight stock?

I'm planning to take off the stock to see how well the action and pillars were glass-bedded. I need to know the torque values to replace the stock. Do you use the Ruger-recommended 95 inch-pounds of torque for the diagonal screw?