LD,

Longrange target shooting or hunting? For hunting I'd stick with the Bergers (if you can find them). Are you using a short or long action?

One of my favorite loads in my LA REM700 is 51.0 gr of RL17 (MAX in my rifle) with the Bergers seated out to a COAL of 3.18".
I have had 1/2 MOA accuracy with this load jumping the bullet .020"-.030". Velocity averages 3030-3050 fps out of my 24" Douglas barrel (1-8" twist).

I've also gotten similar results with accuracy and velocity with 61.0 gr of MAGPRO (also MAX in my rifle).

If you are looking for a longrange deer/antelope hunting load be sure to check out the 120gr Ballistic Tips. Not quite as high B.C. but they shoot LIGHTS-OUT in my rifle (1/4 MOA).

Whatever you choose have fun and be prepared to spend a lot of money on reloading components b/c there are a ton of choices and the cartridge is a joy to load for and shoot.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...