Model 82 .22 Hornets were an entirely different matter, most of them shot just OK, a very few were superb and some of them were real dogs. If I was looking at a Kimber Hornet, I'd want to shoot it before buying it. Maybe 10% were sub MOA, 80% were just OK shooters and 10% sucked in the extreme. Just my wild-assed guess at the percentages. I just know that I took a heck of a lot of el-problemo Hornets to the range and returned without solving the problems by recision handloading.

Steve

I had two in the 80% category. A right handed M82 .22 Hornet sporter, serial number H95 and another M82 heavy barrel Hornet. Both would go into right at an inch for 5 shots but that's about it. Had the sporter rechambered by the factory to K-Hornet but it was still just a "right at an inch" shooter.

I went through a Hornet phase in the mid eighties, had at least four that I can remember and maybe one other, so I got pretty good at handloading the cartridge. As you state, all my techniques and enchantments never got those two to much below an inch.

Wish I still had ol' H95 however, it ought to be worth a few shekels these days no matter what it shot like.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!