Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
I have used Kifaru meat bags on two different hunts (neither were my bags as I don't own any....yet). The bags are super light and tough and fit in your pack nicely with boned out meat. That said if you are hoping the the silnylon will keep your pack blood free I have found that you will be sorely mistaken. The bags saturate with blood readily so the only real way to prevent your pack from getting bloody if by placing these meat bags inside trash compactor bags. This works like a champ. So I will use the meat bags in conjunction with trash compactor bags as this setup seems to work pretty well for my uses.

Your pack will get bloody with just the meat baggies. This year I found a lighter, more compact but more expensive alternative to the trash compactor bags - a Sea to Summit 65L eVent Roll-Top Pack Liner. Works great to keep the pack blood free and has a good handle when rolled that along with a D-Ring give a good place to attach a cord for dropping it in the water to cool or hanging if necessary.

Ed T