I'm late at looking through my latest AH mag. Sat down tonight and noticed the review on the Marlin Big Bore 1895SBL. Did you guys see the tested accuracy? Three factory loads tested for multiple 3-shot groups at 100 yards. Worst individual tested group was 0.890"! Plain Jane Remington green box Express shot groups as small as 0.410"!!

All I can say is I'm impressed with that Marlin. That's getting into Sako/Tikka accuracy with multiple bullet weights including 300-grain, 325-grain, and 450-grain. Compare this to the high dollar Kimber Talkeetna reviewed in the same issue. The Kimber averaged 1 1/2 MOA w/ the most accurate ammo being the most erratic spreading out from 0.666" one group to 2.178" the next.

The only thing that threw me off with the Marlin was its weight. They listed the carbine length rifle w/ fixed sights at 8-pounds! That's as much weight as the full sized magnum 375H&H Kimber. I didn't realize the Big bore lever was that heavy. I had a Winchester .450 Timber and I thought that thing was a tad under 6-pounds.

Best:)

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood