I posted a similar thread on the Campfire but it should have been here so if you've seen it, my apologies but I figured it would generate more discussion here smile

Picked up this beaut at Cabelas' last week. Had a great time selecting the rifle and caliber. They had four rifles lined up for me, this one in 450NE, a 500NE, a 470 and a 450/400. I had in mind to get the 450/400, but instead went for the 450 as it was the grandaddy of all double calibers (smokeless era), real nice wood and the best factory target. It's an Italian made Sabbati and at a reasonable price. Lots of good write ups over on AR, plus the guys at Champlin had nothing but good things to say about it. So now I have a THREE rifle battery to worry about when I go back, the 1895 in 405, this one and now a third for PG and just in case I need to make a longer shot so I'm thinkking my 375 Model 70 which I've used to make shots as far as 350 yards. Anyhow, took it out and shot it and after three two shot groups I can hit dead on @50 yards.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by jorgeI; 10/30/10.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”