Originally Posted by BenelliHunter
I received my Model 52 the other day and the rings were really high on it so I went to the gun store and bought some low Leupold mounts so I could snug the scope down on the rifle.

Went to sight it in.....the high rings were on there for a reason....the bolt will not clear the scope with my low rings on there! Ugh....so the high mounts are back on and we will see how it shoots another day!

I bought a new Model 52B with a heavy barrel about 10 years ago when Zanders Sporting Goods had some. It's a great rifle...really good workmanship. Anyway, I ran into the same problem you describe here. The bolt will not clear with low or medium height Leupold rings. I went with extra high and it cleared fine, and I believe there's enough room that high rings would work. I'd like the scope mounted lower too, but man it's a shooter. I got used to it real quick. Kinda looks awkward with the scope being mounted that high, but when you're punching tight little groups at the range...it doesn't matter anymore. I can comfortably shoulder the rifle and see through the scope just fine. Those guns were $599 new...wish I'd bought more than 1.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.