Duquesnebeer,

Once again you are full of BS on several points.

The reason that some .30-06 barrels have a 1-11 twist is that it's been found to be more accurate with many bullets, especially longer match spitzers in the 190-grain class.

The Greenhill formula was not designed for bullets "traveling at about 2800 fps". It was designed back in the days of lead bullets traveling at under 2000 fps. It has some simplistic applications for faster jacketed bullets, but there are many better formulas today.

A typical 150-grain .30 caliber spitzer started at 2800 only requires about a 1-16" twist, even a very long bullet such as a boattail match bullet.

Bulets that are "rear heavy" actually tend to stabilize better than bullets with a center of mass toward the front. This is one reason match bullets usually have very long hollow-points with a core that doesn't reach all the way to the tip.

The rate of twist has realtively little to do with how long a barrel lasts. The big factor is how much gas is being pushed through a small hole. The typical .220 Swift twist is 1-14, rather than 1-10 as in the .30-06. The reason Swift barrels burn out quicker is that hot gas is being pushed through a small hole.

I don't know whether you are a troll or simply ignorant. I am starting to bet on the former, but who knows?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck