Originally Posted by Kaiser Norton
I recently completed a bullet buy, and recieved several boxes of Nosler partitions (7mm, 140 and 160grs) in old yellow and white boxes. Anyone have any idea how old these are? And what is with the wide groove in the shank?

Thanks,

Kaiser Norton

I used to be able to remember this stuff....... cry

But I'm pretty sure that color of box you're describing is going to be from the 60's. I have a box from the late 50's/early 60's that is waxed cardboard with a black band around it and the Nosler name with the claiber and bullet ink stamped on the end.

The accuracy of the Partitions have improved quite a bit since the mid 70's when I first started buying them. It's seems about every decade since I started buying them they got better. This is especially true in lot to lot consistency.

10+ years ago, I compared some of the 70's vintage Pt's I had left to brand new Pt's in 150gr, 270 cal, and the newer ones were a fair bit more accurate.

Usually, if you look closely at the jacket, you can see the machine marks of the old screw turned Pt's.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.