Maybe I didnt explain this correctly. Its not me that is doing the work or taking the risk, its my Brother who is doing this out of a business that he currently operates out of Ca. I told him of my situation and requested he look into this. He took it to the owner and got approval. I would assume based on the possibility of making money off of production.
I dont believe its a Patent infringement to reverse engineer a product unless your intention is to create the exact product that is protected under the Patent statute.

This production is only for creating a NEW product that is similar to the OEM product only in size and tolerances. By reverse engineering a product, you save thousands in tooling and labor.

Sure, this is not a cheap alternative for a one off production. A mold is good for at least a few thousand injections so the thought process is we can produce and sell enough to make up for the cost of tooling and labor then its worth the effort. if not, then there wont be a aftermarket product for, lets say the .223 version.

Make sense?

Member Safari Club International, Puget Sound Chapter www.sciseattlepsc.com
Member Honor Them Foundation Organization
www.honorthermfoundation.org