56mm scopes are a common occurance around here at hunting camps, my own main deer rifle wears a 2.5x10x56 swarovski. For all those that snicker at the "hubble", I'm a cheapskate and trust me, I would not have spent the money for it unless it gave a legitimate advantage. Given the time that the truly big ones come out you aren't going to kill many big deer around here prancing around the woods with a 2.5x8x36 leupold. I know, I have a couple of them also. You'll kill deer, but the truly trophy class animals that I want typically only show themselves at last light. I'll disagree with the previous poster on the binocular statement though, everyone I hunt with uses high quality binos. Mine are swarovski slc's and several other guys in my camp use the same ones, a couple use high end Nikons, and there are a couple of pairs of Kahles.

Everything we use is geared towards what'll work during the few minutes of last light, that's when the big ones move around here. It's very, very different hunting than what the western guys are used to when they're hiking the canyons and mountains, therefore the optics needs are vastly different. There's a reason for the "Hubbles", the same reason the germans invented them.