Actually I do not think there is a 609B, that is just something that Academy was probably calling it, the PT 609 Pro 9mm Parabellum aka Luger is the International version of our 609 TI-13, and used by many police departments in other countries. I think this is your firearm here. If so, you got a steal but I am sure Academy bought a few Lots of them that were in the Brazilian Manufacturing Warehouse at a discounted price. With the global economy still in the tank, lots of countries are not buying replacement pistols every year, just on a as needed basis. The 609 Pro is the most reliable compact 9mm that Taurus has made since its Baretta and Smith-Wesson affiliated days. You might want to clean it really good though before firing it, I bet it is loaded with cosmoline or some other long term packing grease internally. Academy probably bought a bunch of them from Taurus just like they did the Rossi 38 Special a few years back. I think Academy people claim the Rossi was a Academy Sports only firearm, but not true, they were the only ones in USA who might have retailed them in large quantities and had them in bulk but they certainly were not special made for Academy only by any means. Is this it? http://www.taurusarmas.com.br/pisto...icia-forcasarmadas-colecionador-atirador