There's always some guy full of BS about what a rile/load will or won't do but here at my place I test lots of firearms for people from all walks of life; have my own range back to 1600 yards and I burn lots of powder over a years time! I've used/tested probably every ML that has come down the line and I make a supreme objective to be just that.....OBJECTIVE without prejudice! I make exactly ZERO from my efforts so I'm not getting paid to praise any one particular rifle! So far I have tested the Ultimate Firearms ML back to 500 yards but testing is not complete at this time because our area has been having pretty windy conditions last few days. Today it's still and this afternoon I will continue my endeavor to give a fair analysis of what said rifle/load will do. Whatever findings I come up with....I will post here!

OK guys...for those interested here's a follow-up on my short test session from 600 yards with the Ultimate Firearms Inc. rifle! I say 'short' because I ran low on Triple 7 pellets but more will be had tomorrow! I came up 10 MOA for my first sighter from my 500 yard zero but that wasn't quite enough as 14 MOA was the correct amount to adjust for trajectory. After painting the target I then fired 3 rounds....only had 6 rounds of pellets remaining and I had about a 4 mph wind coming in from the 3 o/clock position so I took 4 MOA right correction and I got 3 hits as shown on the target....about 1.5 MOA correction too much for the first two fired. With the same wind I corrected after taking .25 MOA up and got the hit slightly above the 1 3/4" bolt holding the inner 20" plate onto the mainframe. I then painted the target and fired my remaining 3 rounds. I could not get photos of those as my camera batteries crapped out on me but the first two rounds hit about 6" left of dead center and the last round fired hit the bolt head dead center! The load was 3 pellets of Triple 7 using a 275 gr. White Fury bullet. My final settings are:

100=3.5+
200=0
300=5.5
400=11.5
500=23.5
600=37.0

[Linked Image]

Will I ever kill or shoot at a good buck at 600 yards? Don't know but....if the right opportunity presents itself...I just might and if the buck was standing broadside with very little wind which often occurs early morning and late....I think I could drive his whacker in the dirt! And yes....there are some rifles cheaper but in the final analysis.....I think if this one hadn't been a gift to me.....I think I'd settle on one of these after shooting this one over some less cheaper models! The M700 action is hard to beat. What I've written is my own thinking and I have not been asked to submit this by anyone connected with Ultimate Firearms Inc.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My range on a very cold day:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Sharpsman; 12/07/10.

Even birds know not to land downwind!