I have shot a lot of kangaroos in the chest with the 375. Large male Red kangaroo might weigh up to 200 pounds but do not have the muscles in the chest shoulder area like a deer.

300 grain round nose Hornady always worked. Usually drops them straight away ot they take a couple of hops. Exixt range from an inch to very large.

It is years since I used it but the 300 grain Sierra was not much good. Probably a combination of being hard and a spitzer.

I have never used Barnes X but a mate of mine used 350 grain Barnes X (the original ones without the grooves) from 416 Wby and said it really blasted the [bleep] out of roos and pigs.

Quite a few blokes on a Wby forum shoot small stuff with Barnes X in 378, 416 and 460 Wby and all seem to get big quick kills. The Barnes X from 375 up have very big hollow points.

Remember with a big bore on small animals you only need the bullet to expand enough so that it gets a blunt profile on the nose. Its big weight means it travels through the animal at probably more speed than a small bore high velocity calibre.