I've owned a couple of their classic line from the old days (Made in Effingham, IL) for many years. They're among the knives I've owned not as users, but just to collect and enjoy owning them. Today I took them both out to fool with and try to get a feel for their qualities. I was very impressed. Both have carbon steel blades (says so right on them), are beautifully full convex ground, and are literally both razor sharp, even after all these years. Never been used, but somehow you don't think knives will stay that level of sharpness for so many years (Seems like nearly 20 years that I've had them, but I can't be sure). Glides through paper like it's not there, to the point you can do little zig zag patterns as you're cutting. I have a new found respect for the original Blackjack brand.

There's a new company who bought the name Blackjack and the company logo, but has nothing at all to do with the original company, and is more than likely putting out complete crap.

The two I own are called the Classic Model #1-7 (a stag handled copy of an original Randall design intended for combat application), and the Classic Chucker, which is a compact, leather washer handled, skinner.