They turn up here in PA from time to time, because they were very popular back in the 50s and 60s.

Caught the tail end of an auction back in November, that featured about 80 firearms. Got there too late to buy anything, but ran into a buddy there. He said most of the stuff was in very good condition and much of it dated to the late 40s, 50s and 60s. The ol' gent having the auction, was in his early 80s.

People were still coming out of the house carrying rifles and shotguns (quite a long line in there, paying for them) when I got there, did note a few Marlin levers and a couple Rem. corkscrew pumps being taken to new homes.

I'd wager a few were in 35 Rem?

My departed huntin' bud's first deer rifle, was a new M336 in 35 Rem, bought after he got out of the Marine Corps in '68.

It's the only one of his deer rifles he never killed a deer with, since he bought his first M700 around 1970 and went the "bolt way" ever since then. That Marlin is around his widder's place yet, likely still in mint condition? Been trying to obtain a few of his rifles over the past 10 years and the ol' girl won't part with a thing.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.