I have owned 3 CZ 500 Magnum rifles. I am drawn to them because of the double square bridge Mauser variant action and it's drop box magazine.
My first one was a .375H&H made in 07.The finish was so poor,a sprayed on opaque reddish brown lacquer, that I could not bear to look at it and stripped it to replace it with tung oil.The wood was of utilitarian grade. I did however love the metal even if the finish was sub par.I equipped the rifle with Talley QD rings and a Leupold VXIII 1.5-5.The feeding of 300gr ammo was so ridiculous, deep gouges on the cases and binding at normal cycling rates that I sold the gun.
My second CZ, an 08 was in the same caliber but with a much nicer stock with cheek-piece and dual cross-bolts (both missing in the first rifle).Unreliable feeding, rails need polishing.
Not one to give up easily. I purchased another 08, this one a .416 Rigby with fancy American black walnut stock. Dual cross-bolts nicely shaped stock with much cleaner checkering.
I brought this one to a gunsmith to have it honed and polished.
With an oil finish, rust blue, pistol grip cap, beveled loading ramp and beaded cheek-piece it will probably be a keeper.It would be cool if someone made a Mauser type shroud for this model.