Originally Posted by seattlesetters
I've heard really good things about Browning's out-of-the-box accuracy and their fit & finish. However, for the life of me I can't seem to find them getting any love here or in many other forums.

Is it possibly because of their foreign manufacture? Is there something "bad" about them that I'm just not finding on the 'net?

I don't believe there is a cover up among Browning owners to conceal flaws, LOL. The only complaint I've heard voiced about the rifles is the trigger may freeze in really cold, wet environments (coastal hunting).

I know a guide in B.C. that has run one for close to 20 yrs and he has never encountered this problem. He runs grease in his triggers though.

Some people don't like the fact that it's made in Japan or the cosmetics, which are valid reasons to buy something else, but you hear very little complaints on actual function and accuracy from those who have actually owned and shot them.

My family and I have owned over 20 A-bolts over the years and they have all served us well. If they were junk, we wouldn't buy them.

Again, buy what fits you and feels best in the hands. All 3 rifles will give you good service.

JM