Originally Posted by New_York_Hunter2
Got the results of my discography back. I don't have any disc's that are leaking. However, my L4 and L5 disc's have major internal damage. I still have to talk to the Surgeon. I saw him last Monday, before he had the results. I saw the pain management Doctor Friday. The plan is to put two rods in and affix them to the vertebrae's where the disc's are bothering me.

The Surgeon told me this has a 75% success rate. I have to try it. Taking these hard core narcotic pain medicine the last two years is REALLY GETTING OLD!

Hopefully it all works out. If I could actually get my back fixed 2011 could still be a success even with me losing my job (around June) and us losing our house in the next few months (that thread was back in May or June '10).

Hopefully it works!

I had a lumbar laminectomy at L4 and L5 back about 6 yrs ago. Neuro surgeons usually try that approach first before opting to fuse. Wonder why they are going straight for the fusion?? Where will your donor bone come from for the graft? Your own iliac crest or codaver....(Go codaver..iliac crest harvests HURT like a martha focker.)THe day of my laiminectomy, I was in teh surgical suite by 8am..surgery complete sand in recovery by 0915 and home by 1130, And in COMPLETE relief. I herniated 2 discs recusitating a patient in the ICU then was rear ended in a car accidednt that finished the job off. I had terrible debilitating pain for a long time. And Ill tell you that you WILL have that immediate relief after surgery;(Called the honeymoon phase because you are pumped full of marcaine and steriods post op.) but its never gone 100% Once you tear up those discs. However, Having 75% relief beat the heck outta the 100% pain I had before I had any surgery at all. I take NO MEDS and only get a block about every 3 to 6 months.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU! I pray it all goes as well and easy for you as mine did for me.

Last edited by NurseKat; 01/17/11.

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton