Thanks for the replys guys,
For awhile there thought I was pure chicken chit. wink Over the years I have killed quite a few hogs on the farm, and on hunts. Usually a 22 was all that was needed, but I am a firm believer in Murphys Law, especially at night.
Had the great displeasure of tracking a wounded, pissed off hog at night, and needless to say a 22 was not what I carried. Low percentage or High, big gun, small gun it really doesnt matter. Murphy always seems to be right. grin
To finish this I will say a guy I know really liked to run coons, had 5 or 6 dogs, horses, the whole shabang. (Also liked to run Deer) anyways one night he went out to have some fun, about an hour or so his wife got a call from the local sherriff, hubby was F***** up pretty good on the way to the hospital. Turns out he thought he had treed a coon, put a few shots up there from a 22 mag, he was sure he hit it twice, but it wouldnt fall outta the tree, so he commences to climb the tree, when he gets to the limb it was on, to his great misfortune he found a very wounded, but very pissed off Bobcat that was still very much alive at that point. After a good scarring blow to the face with some sharp claws, a broken arm & leg,3 ribs, and a severe concussion from the 20 ft fall through the tree. He came out alright after about 6 mos. Dont hunt coons much any more to my knowledge.

So, Basically I dont hunt mean critters at night with just a 22LR.

Again thhanks,
Swifty

Last edited by Swifty52; 01/24/11.

Swifty