Going to add to this post since I recently picked up a new item in the First Lite system...

First Lite Chama Top (Longsleeve half zip)
Camo: Max-1

Sizing: If you re-read my review of the Springer Vest, I found it to be just a tad short for my torso. Now that I've worn it more, I like that length for backpacking and hunting. The Chama top is cut longer. Still an athletic cut through the body, but a longer torso length. There is enough material to tuck in, but not too long that I can't just wear it as a top.

Quality: Once again, I am over the top impressed with the quality of First Lite's stuff. 10 out of 10. I've owned Smartwool and Icebreaker, and this stuff holds its own. The Chama top is a mid-weight wool layer, and you can - without any doubt - wear this next to skin. Very soft, yet feels durable. Not overly stretchy or flimsy, conforms well to your body. The thumb holes are nice, reinforced with extra stitching all the way around. Only wish is that First Lite would have included a pull tab on the zipper.

Other thoughts:

I recently wore both the Chama and Springer vest over a lightweight (150gr) Icebreaker base layer. The wind breaking capacity of wool is outstanding. It makes finding that "do-it-all" soft shell a mute point because your wind cutting is taken care of by the wool layers. Its warm comfy, and doesn't hold body odor.

I do wish it was priced on the lighter side. $95 for the Chama half zip was a tough sell for just a mid-weight piece. But you pay for quality, and I feel like I'm getting my money's worth.