I own a couple of Baikal Bounty Hunters with Tangfolio 45-70 insers. One is solidly inserted, without the removable screw ends. I bought it that way and do not know who did the work. I have fired it with LeverEvolution Hornady 325 grain ammo and it handles that well. At 50 yards, each barrel groups well individually, but is apart about 5 inches. I've done nothing to develope loads and I guess a few sessions trying different loads might well help. Still, Graeme Wright's book shows double rifles have a far different consideration of "accurate" than bolts. "Git as close as ye can Laddie, then get 10 steps closer".

I also have another Bounty Hunter with the standard Tangfolio tubes. These you take in and out as desired. I know they shoot the same ammo above with no problem, but with the large firing pin openings I would be very concerned about pierced primers with Buffalo Bore or Corbon using Bounty Hunters. I surely would not go to the trouble of bushing the firing pin holes to fire hotter ammo. The standard SAAMI loads seem safe in this setup. If I wanted more power, I would get the regular Baikal MR221/Remington SPR 22 double rifle made in either 30-06 or 45-70 which handle heavier loads and is set up for modern ammo. IT IS ALSO FAR EASIER TO "REGULATE" AS IT IS FACTORY SETUP FOR IT AND CHANGEABLE BY THE OWNER. These guns do not look as cool as the inserts in a Bounty Hunter shotgun, but my two SPR 22s function better than the Bounty Hunters.

My thoughts? First, it is an absolute shame the Tangfolios are not produced to be used in the 26 inch IZH 43 double barrel. The longer barrels give the proper look. The short 20 inch barrels of the Bounty Hunter leave me wanting more length for appearance sake. I suppose the extra fps would be an added plus. Creating a custom screw end to fit the short Tangfolio tubes to a longer barrel could be done, but cost becomes a factor. It just seems easier to get the SPR 22.
Second, the extractors supplied have poor heat treatment and bend out of shape. They need some attention to create a better operation of reliabilty.
Next, the rifles with those big 12 ga shotgun barrels and the 45-70 inserts are real heavy and muzzle heavy as well. I think mine is over 9 pounds, and not 'lively". I suppose using the 26 inch barrels would make it worse.
In addition, one of mine has a single selective trigger and the other is double triggered. Both work well, though the unaltered pull and break can be heavy and gritty. They clean up well with some work.
Finally, though the Tangfolios come with two sets of barrel regulators, I'm not really sure they can be used for real close regulation, but I have not experimented enough to prove that.

In spite of the above I really enjoy these guns. And enjoyment is why I shoot. They function reasonably well, many have decent wood, the stock can be altered for a far better appearance easily, and they are the cheapest double rifle one can buy in a great caliber, 45-70. I'd love to rechamber to 45-90, but not sure of the safety as the tubes are pretty trim.

I had the rib on one of mine dove-tailed and inserted a 3 blade rear express sight and added a flat-bottomed classic front sight and it transforms the appearance, turning a shotgun appearance into a double rifle. It is a must-do. The sights supplied with the Tangfolio tubes are junk and should be heaved. Add a classic recoil pad, steel grip cap, add sling swivels and leather carry strap and you become Robt Ruark on the cheap!
They are a lot of fun and playing with these things isn't the cut and dried propostion having another Rem 700 presents.