Couldn't you just put the same powders that are used in the Ruger and load them in the H&H and then get basically the same ballistics out of a 20" H&H? I don't think the overall action length between a 375 Ruger and a H&H Winchester is enough to even talk about, I've not measured the difference but I would think it is less than 1/2", that's not enough for me to worry about.

To me it's like the 30T/C, they claimed it would do everything a 308 would in a smaller round. But the problem is that the T/C is still put in a 308 length action. If they would have just used the powders they use in the T/C in the 308 you would still have the same length gun with still more performance.

IMHO it's all a marketing thing. Seriously how many of the people who bought the 375 Ruger have any need for a 735 caliber round? Only a small % of those who bought the Ruger would have bought any 375 caliber rifle but since it's the "flavor of the week" Ruger will sell a bunch of them until the people realize that they don't need a 375 caliber rifle. Then the people who will be buying 375's will revert back to the tried and true H&H. Not that there's anything wrong with the 375 Ruger, it's just that it is redundant to the H&H.