Why do we prefer traditional to the inlines. Here are some of my reasons, I�m an older feller and when I got into M/L there were no inlines. I like to shoot a lot and assuming PRB or home cast conicals I can shoot a lot without breaking the bank. Using rear peep set up as ghost ring I feel pretty confident up to 100yd when my T/C Hawken is shooting right , at the moment there issues with that but I save for another post. I once had a bad experience which caused me to switch to non traditional powder. First M/L hunt 25 or so years ago just got on the farm and saw a big doe on the hill above me shot at it and watched doe run away. Quickly reloaded 70gr ffg and maxi ball. Went to make sure I had missed. Got back in truck and drove to other side of farm. Started to walk up a hill and upon looking behind me I saw a beded deer on hill behind me in a ravine after stalking to 100yds I took a rest of f a small tree and took the shot, deer rolled over and appeared to be dead so I didn�t bother reloading. As I stood watching the deer recovered and stood up but didn�t seam to realize what had happened. Now I needed to load fast I was partly screened by the tree dumped the speed loader down barrel and tried ramming the m-ball down it stuck because of the powder fowling from last 2 shots the deer stood there looking around for the sound I was making trying to get the maxie down. I took many loud thumps of the ramrod but some how the deer failed to spot me my good luck changed as I slipped the cap on. The deer bolted and ran to the top of the bank, fortunately for me it stopped and looked back, bang flop, the first shot had grazed the spine. Obviously I hadn�t taken time to swab between shots because of the need to load fast. Thus my reason for going to something other than black powder for hunting. Now I use 777 for all hunting. One of my buddy�s uses scoped inline with maxi hunter bullet so he can also shoot fairly cheap but I have noticed I can shoot groups at least as tight as his at least to 100yds, using my sight set up. In open farm country shooting hill to hill the 200yd + of the inlines would be a great advantage when using the powerbelt or sabot set up but I still greatly prefer my side hammer and open sights. My sons insist on black powder only and for my younger son flintlock so there more old-fashioned then ole dad.