As a writer I always felt that the .38, the .44, and the .45 were the Holy Trinity of handgun rounds.

Now admittedly the .38 S&W is more of an altar boy (especially when compared to the .38 Special) than say a saintly 9mm or that high priest of .38s, the .357 Magnum. Much the same can be said when sermonizing about the .44 and .44 Magnum, the firing of which from a snubbie can be a truly religious experience. But in my holy book the .45 reigns supreme in Handgun Heaven, be it the thundering of that avenging angel, .45 Long Colt, or the most deserving of our worship, the .45 ACP.

I take it as a statement of faith the nothing will banish the evil ones to the darkest corner of the grave yard faster or better than the gawd-almighty 1911 in .45 ACP.

Truly, it is wondrous to see the miracles it has wrought.

Those who do not practice the "old time religion" may hand load to their hearts content and indeed they may approach a state of rapture... until they have to go into a store and buy a box of ammo over the counter and then WOE! but they will be found lacking when the moment of judgment in a dimly lit parking lot is upon them.

Here endeth the sermon. Go forth, be armed, and sin not with a micro .40 auto. wink

Last edited by Old_Writer; 02/17/11.

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. --John Wayne