WOW.... terrific information. Many thanks.

I will give this thng lots more air now, but your answer gave me pause and another question if you don't mind.

My stove does have a removeable plenum and firepot. It is the holes in the bottom of the firepot that clog up and I would be at a loss as to what to do if I could not remove and then clean it out with a wire brush BUT... there does not appear to be a gasket of any kind. If there is not, could that be mormal for my model? If it has to have one regardless of the model I should track one down. I am guessing it goes between the plenum and the body of the stove around the air intake? This could be the bulk of my problem.

Thanks again for the help, and post more! You arfe obviously one of the good guys. I will be in Central Calif in a couple of weeks. If you are anywhere near Visalia then a brew or coffee is on me.

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500