Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Good pics lhonda. The opportunity to go out to places like that is nice. For us it is at least a 50 mile one way drive.

I just got the old frying pan out last night and started with 3 small red potatos in a dab of olive oil, added a small coarse chopped red onion, sliced up a pkg of white muchrooms, a dismantled brocolli crown and added a sliced up Nathan's beef kielbasa. Simple but very good.

In fact left overs for lunch today!

Sounds very similar to my home version of a Spanish tapas type omelette. I made one just a few nights ago, actually. Start with a bit of EVOO and medium heat, and toss in a chopped yellow onion and a few cloves of minced garlic. When the onions get tranluscent, add thinly sliced potato (skin off or on; I prefer skin on). Let the potatoes cook while you slice some 'shrooms and beat 3 eggs, adding a couple TBSPs of water--NOT milk.

Once the potatoes are almost cooked through, toss in the 'shrooms and add some paprika, coarse salt and fresh cracked black pepper. I also had some Italian hard sausage lying around. I chopped it into tiny cubes and tossed that in as well. Now you're ready to pour in the egg mixture. Turn the heat down a smidge. Use a shaking motion and a wooden spoon to periodically pull the edges of the omelette up and let the egg mixture run underneath. Give that about 5 minutes. Now to the tricky part.

Get a plate that matches the size of your pan. Place the plate on top of the pan, and in a quick, fluid motion, flip the pan 180 degrees, so that the pan is upside down and the omelette has landed in the plate. Now put the omellette back into the pan, 'raw' side down. Cook another 4 minutes or so and remove pan from heat. Most Spanish omelettes are served cold, but I like hot, though it should be cooled sufficiently to allow everything to set. Slice into wedges and serve, maybe with another light sprinkling of kosher/coarse salt. Enjoy. Very nice snack, or meal.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/NYC%20trip%20February%202011/NYC042.jpg[/img]