Originally Posted by Stoneybroke
Since I live out in the boonies, I usually buy my boots via mailorder. I live in the steep wooded country of north-central PA. I need a boot with good support, waterproof and traction on snowy hillsides. My 10 year old Danners went to the dumpster today, but I still have new LLBean Kangaroo boots. Looking for something a bit more heavy duty than the LLBean boots and I found Whites Dri Foot Boots for $200 on line. Anyone here have any experience with these boots, quality wise, and know if they run true to size?

I haven't used the boots you mention but I do have a pair of White's Smoke Jumpers that I bot in March, 1971. YES - 1971!! I was in college, fire fighting in the summer & wanted the best boot I could find at the time for sheep hunting as well.
I sent the tracing of my feet to White's and for the 1st week I had them, I thought I'd die. My feet were killing me just from sitting in class & doing very little physical activity. On the 5th day, things miraculously turned arond and they became the most comfortable boot I've ever had. Over the years, they've been re-built twice, I think and I still have them.
I've since realized they are not the best boot for sheep hunting with many others better designed for that. The Smoke Jumper style IS NOT very good on snow & ice AND the vibram sole is vey slick on ice as well.
I can't address the style you mention but should you want to go with the White's, be certain that the 2 problems I mentioned are addressed. Unless things have changed with them, they are hell-for-stout and you will get your money's worth. I well remember an old timer here in Ak. who was originally a logger in Idaho in the 1930's. He told me that at the time, if you walked into a logging camp without wearing a pair of White's corks, they'd laugh you out of camp. No job.
That says something to me. Good luck.
Bear in Fairbanks

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.