Shotgunjock years ago I started with a plan 6 power Weaver for ground hogs, then I went to the 3 x 9 called a variable. It seemed to work ok, had no complaints and doubled up for deer hunting and speed goats to using the old 270 winny.

Then I got a real honest to goodness "varmint" rifle, a triple deuce called the .222 Remington. I was still using the 3 x 9 power. A few years later I picked up a Remington 788 in 22-250 and purchased my first 4 x 12 in a Redfield scope. It has worked like a gold charm for groundhogs and coyotes etc. It cost me over a weeks wages as I remember back in the 60's. I still have that ole scope by golly!

I hear tell for P-dog shooting you best be getting one of those 6 x 18 or 8 x 24 power types for serous P-dog hunting. You should also put a heat sheild over the barrel to keep that mirrage down. I got a 6 x 18 on my 25/06 rig but the rest are carrying 5 x 15 power scopes with adj AO turrets and mil-dots. The wife uses mostly straight 4 X 12 Leupolds with fine haires.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN