Originally Posted by pinotguy
Originally Posted by deg967
This subject brings up a question I've had that noone has seemed to answer...allbeit some have tried.
I have heard these barrels shoot good, and sometimes very well. Which leads to the question, " if NOT for a competition or "bettin shoot", why spend many hundreds of dollars MORE on another brand of barrel? Tight groups are tight groups, arent they ? Is it so someone can boast about how much they spent/can spend? OR IS IT something about A&B Barrels that always smell like a turd ?

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question directly with first-hand knowledge. A couple of guys I went through CST with used them on personal projects, although I think they chose them more for cost and availability. I have looked at using them myself but they don't quite have the caliber selection I've been in the market for. (If they ever get around to offering some 9.3mm blanks, I'd certainly give one a go.) For a hunting rifle, they should be more than adequate. You can get a "lemon" from any barrel maker.

I checked into them a while back but they dont offer a .257 Roberts in Stainless for my model 70...but I will have used and blued before long..I hope