Yes they are still in business. Harry's son Randy runs the business. He and Joe Reid combine their talents to make many styles of customs. He keeps adding new designs to his pattern collection. He has a stock duplicator that can do two at once. The facility is a complete gunsmithing operation.

I have had many rifles rebarreled, bedded, and other jobs as well. All sorts of other custom jobs can be done besides the classic thumbhole rifles.

They have a large selection of stock blanks.

One of their original super lightweight thumbholes used the model 600/660s. They have many custom pieces for that older action including bolt shroud and crossbolt safety built into the triggerguard and a few other parts I cannot remember.They still have a supply of those parts. (this triggerguard/safety is incorporated into all their thumbholes)

The thumbholes were designed with no drop to the comb so high recoiling rifles are easy to shoot. The stock excells for offhand shooting when hunting. Note the recoil pad in the pic above. They have an interesting flared rear which I haven't seen anywhere else. It fits well with the other stock lines and also helps mitigate recoil.

I had Randy make me a pattern for a wooden version of the A-5 McMillan with a few twists. I changed the grip and put a higher cheek into the pattern as well as a thicker rear portion. I had one laminate made and will probably make more. They are quite versatile.

This shop turns out work quite quickly. Rebarreling/bedding. triggerjobs, recoil pads etc will be done in approx 3 weeks. A full blown custom in around 3 months.

Last edited by Azshooter; 03/11/11.