Originally Posted by 358Thumper
I bought one 3 years ago ... a Vixen deluxe 222 for $850 at the local Gander that was unfired, mint, and had Bofors barrel, original factory mounts, fox and acorn inlays, blonde wood, serial # in the 80's, definitely a pre-garcia made @ 1968 or so. I considered it a steal though at that price and do suggest you sell it on the Sako collectors forum. You have a rare piece there and I wouldn't let it go for the price of a regular Vixen. Squeeze all you can out of it. That there is the best factory action ever made IMHO. I'd be asking for $1500 or trade for a sweet custom rifle.

Not trying to start a pissing contest so take what I say with a grain of salt.

What is it a wise man once said, you have not because you ask not.
If you are in no hurry, you can ask the moon. You can always come down.

I've owned twenty or so Sakos. My collection is down from a high of 15 to a low of 9 at the moment. (If you are interested I posted some pictures of a bunch of them in the Sako picture thread in this same forum yesterday) I've shifted my focus to Cooper's. So, perhaps I could qualify as a Sako nut. I buy them right when I can and if it's something that I can't live without,I'll step up and pay a premium.
I personally would not pay $1500 for a deluxe vixen, but then I already have two vixens in the deuce.
I've found them to be excellent shooters. I've only encountered one I could not get to shoot under an inch at 100 yds.
Enjoy.
GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 03/14/11.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.